We are very excited to announce that we have been nominated for our first award – the Liebster Award! We were nominated by Kristina from Seize the Globe travel blog. She uses her blog to empower and inspire people to go travelling – if you are reading this then that is probably something you are interested in, so you should go and check it out!
Once you have been nominated, if you choose to accept it, the Liebster award has the following set of rules to follow:
Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the Liebster Award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Nominate eleven blogs that you think deserve the Liebster Award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them for the Liebster Award
- Give them eleven questions to answer
Here are the questions we were given:
1. Do you prefer to pack well in advance (weeks) or the night before?
Definitely a night before guy here. I don’t think I do anything weeks in advance haha. (Chris)
Without a doubt the night before…lastminute.com!! all part of the experience haha (Alex)
2. What is your current location and what is your next destination?
At home (UK) at the moment, but looking to go to Iceland in the next few weeks. I’ve never been before so I’m very excited about seeing ‘the land of volcanoes and ice!‘ (Chris)
Also at home in the UK – just returned from an adventure to my favorite place, Croyde Bay! (Alex)
3. What is the goal for your travel blog?
The aim for our travel blog is complete a guide of five free things for every city in the world! Or at least as many as we can (Chris and Alex).
4. I won’t ask you to name your favorite country. Instead–what is your favorite continent? Why is it special to you?
For me Australia. Or Oceania, or Australasia? Whatever it is called nowadays. The one with Australia in anyway. It was my first real experience of ‘traveling’ so I will always have fond memories. (Chris)
I would have to say Europe – I love all the different cultures. (Alex)
5. What is the most bizarre food you have ever eaten during your travels?
Probably not that weird really in the grand scheme of things but I have eaten ostrich and kangaroo. Really want to try crickets though or other insects just for the sake of curiosity. (Chris)
Sea Snail! Yum! (Alex)
6. Do you prefer to solo travel, with a group, or just a single partner?
There are definitely benefits to travelling alone, being able to decide what you want to do for one… But I have to say that travelling in a group is my preference, you get people to share the stories with and if something goes wrong at least its not just you in the mess. (Chris)
7. Do you take advantage of travel rewards (points, miles, travel rewards, etc.) to fund your trips?
Haven’t done so far – definitely need to look into that! (Chris)
8. What is your best overall flight experience? Airline? Departure? Destination? Duration?
Flying to Moscow was pretty epic. The flight wasn’t too long and when we arrived the plane was boarded by some Russians in contamination suits with measuring devices – it was like a scene from a movie! (Alex)
Best flight was coming back from New York. I fell asleep just after the safety announcements and woke up just in time for landing. It was like an intercontinental teleportation device! (Chris)
9. What is the best part about having friends all over the world?
Having somewhere to crash and stay the night! Thanks friends! (Chris)
10. What is your dream RTW itinerary?
I really don’t know my mental bucket list changes all the time, its probably time I wrote it down properly. All I know for sure is that it would include Machu Pichu, Galapagos islands, Fiji, Japan, Mongolia, and the Serengeti. Bit of a weird mix I know. (Chris)
11. Which flight search engine/tool do you prefer the most?
Have used skyscanner recently, but I should probably look into other ones (just like the airmiles and points question above) as they seem to be useful tools. (Chris)
Now it is our chance to nominate our blog choices for the Liebster award, so here we go:
- Backpacking Diva
- Two Drifters Photo
- Geeky Explorer
- Live and Explore
- With a Backpack
(Turns out some of our choices were already nominated! Oops!)
…And here are the questions we chose for you:
- How would you describe the differences between taking a vacation or holiday and travelling (if any)?
- Whats the most trouble you have gotten into on your travels?
- Whats the best advice you have ever received?
- What is the at the number one spot on your bucket-list? (doesn’t have to be travel related)
- How many stamps do you have in your passport?
- And which one are you most pleased with?
- What advice would you give to someone who has never travelled before but may be interested?
- Where was the last place that, for whatever reason, really surprised you?
- Wheres the worst place you have ever been?
- Do you have any travel regrets?
- Where in the world would you recommend to everyone?
So that’s our Liebster Award – the first of many?